HAWAII CONSTRUCTION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARPENTERS-HAWAII

5 posters

Go down

CARPENTERS-HAWAII Empty CARPENTERS-HAWAII

Post  Admin Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:28 pm

How are all you Carpenters doing?
Working, not working?
How long?

Admin
Admin

https://hawaii-construction.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

CARPENTERS-HAWAII Empty Re: CARPENTERS-HAWAII

Post  ray Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 pm

I have been layed off from Feb of last year, and have my name on the carpenters union. A month ago I checked and My name on the list is in the 250 range and not moving, I heard theres 2,000 on the list, anyone knows whats the number up to now? Hope things get better soon going to pull out my 401k

ray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ELECTRIC Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:56 am

Construction people. how are you making it? just unemployment? doesnt anyone want to work anymore? I call some carpenters but they just want to collect instead of making some extra cash.
SO COME ON PEOPLE TELL ME HOW YOU ARE DOING???????????????

ELECTRIC

Back to top Go down

CARPENTERS-HAWAII Empty Carpenters BS

Post  chanzynum Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:12 am

[i]Ok, OK OK,

Lets get back to this talk about Companies we work for. It is the apprentices duty to wake up get to work, stretch, listen to the journey man, foreman, put on that KODAK smile and take all the extra curricular lip that has nothing to do with the job at hand that was given to you to do, and just take that and move on huh!!!lol...you guys are so funny. When does it end people. I've had formans tell me to do stuff that they in there right mind would never do, like standing on a roof that is 10 feet high to hang dens glass without a harness or being tied off just to get it done!!!! Not, are you kidding me..or if you dont do it then grab your tools and go home....SUCKER!!! What in the world is that...
Listen a whole lot of stuff that is done on the job site unsafe is because of rushing...that's how most of the accidents and deaths happen on sites. We can understand as apprentices that we are just learning the trade and all but when you as the leader tell me to go and do something unsafe that is going to jepardize my life then you have taken your power to far....POWER TRIP!!!!!

IN CONCLUSION:
WE UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON, BUT WHEN YOU AS OUR LEADERS DONT TEACH US HOW TO DO OUR TRADE AND TELL US TO GO DO SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THEN EXPECT US TO DO IT, AND WHEN WE DONT YOU GET UPSET, SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE....
AND THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WE ALL UNDERSTAND.......LAZY, LAZY, WELL WE ARE THE ONES DOING ALL THE WORK SUCKA!!!!!!!!! KEEP YOUR COMMENTS POSITIVE OR ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU DO ON THE JOB SITE SUCKA!!!!!!!

chanzynum

Back to top Go down

Post  chanzynum Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 am

ELECTRIC wrote:Construction people. how are you making it? just unemployment? doesnt anyone want to work anymore? I call some carpenters but they just want to collect instead of making some extra cash.
SO COME ON PEOPLE TELL ME HOW YOU ARE DOING???????????????

YEA I LIKE WORK, WHY YOU GET JOB!!! OR IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE? LET ME KNOW SOMETHING!!!

K-DEN

chanzynum

Back to top Go down

CARPENTERS-HAWAII Empty Chanzynum

Post  Speedzone Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:14 am

Unsafe practices you say. Well according to You we should open our traps and speak up. Well, quit hidin behind a screenname and keyboard and say something face to face if your that concerned about safety.
I'll tell um to take a flyin fricken hike whenever something like you say is, or gonna happen.
What are they gonna do,,? Fire ya? Its not lile their the only Co. around.
Thats what your union reps are for. Oh, shit, i forgot, they dont give a rats ass like how they use to. So long their workin (hah) and members are'nt, ot's all good. Certain Unions here use to back each other, as of now??, its every Union for themselves, which IMO,, they wont survive. Gonna B like the mainland soon. If you quit? Those idiots who wants to try and do things the fast and improper way will only shoot themselves in the foot in the long run.
Screw um,. Think of this one too,. If and or when You can aquire Journeyman status,, your gonna wish you were back as an apprentice.
Sorry for off tppic but as for me?
I'm collecting, and being patient. I do side jobs for people that needs it or they cant do it themselves. I dont ask or take money, just a favor or 3 when, and if they can, and thats it . When the time comes to where UI benefits cease?? I'll do any type of job, im not ashamed of making min or slightly above. So long its honest work, im game.
Chunznum? Let it go man,, ( to an extent) cause wherever you go,its the same old crap.
Buck up and act like You own the place, w/respect of course.

Speedzone

Back to top Go down

Post  ray Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:33 pm

Dont wait for your ship to come in,, swim out to it. CARPENTERS-HAWAII Icon_cheers

ray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down