HAWAII CONSTRUCTION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carpenters Union/Companies We work for...

+2
ELECTRIC
chanzynum
6 posters

Go down

Carpenters Union/Companies We work for... Empty Carpenters Union/Companies We work for...

Post  chanzynum Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:28 pm

[i]Ok,

So we the people of the Carpenters Unoin know one thing about the union itself. We have given our lives to providing a service for the union. So many things that we do as union members to be recognized in the specific feild of carpentry, like, STEPPING ON EACHOTHERS TOES, LISTENING TO EXTRA CURRICULAR LIP FROM FORMANS AND JOURNEY MANS ON THE JOB SITE, AND MANY OTHER CUTTHROAT THINGS THAT GO ON IN THE FEILD OF CARPENTRY....I'm not done yet!!!! We the workers of the carpenters union try our best to become the best carpenters that walk the face of this planet, when at all possible..LOOK! here's the deal about this trip...We are supposed to be sent on jobs as apprentices to be schooled at the trade, which means, being teached what to do before doing it. Majority of us apprentices have to deal with so much crap in the trade which makes the trade look bad as a whole. One thing is for sure; there is no teaching going on accept for those who understand the reality of teaching, there is no time taken to give the apprentice what he needs to suceed as a person in the feild of carpentry there are no leaders in the feild only pushers who have a title behind there belt to do so......

Look I am not ranting about something that just happened in 2010, this has been going on for years in the buisness of carpentry.

In conclusion, I am not a Union member no more due to this kind of action being done behind the scene,s on job site's all across america. I know one thing is for sure, The problem is not the trade of carpentry but only the people we work for through the union. We need to open up our mouth and speak the truth about the whole matter instead of hiding behind our fellow worker, cause let's face it We all understand this message.......

chanzynum

Back to top Go down

Carpenters Union/Companies We work for... Empty Re: Carpenters Union/Companies We work for...

Post  ELECTRIC Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:51 am

Most apprentice now days are all lazy and spoiled. They dont want to wear the tool pouch, scared to use the saw, just want to sweep up dust all day. Now who wants to train apprentices like that?

ELECTRIC

Back to top Go down

Carpenters Union/Companies We work for... Empty Re: Carpenters Union/Companies We work for...

Post  BRICKY Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 am

As an apprentice bricklayer for years it seemed the same for me in the trades.Until one day as a journeyman i realized that the trade that i loved was more important than bs i lived with and was tought to make others in my past position live with.I had to endure and rise above the habits i had learned.Now i dont teach bad habbits i promote my trade the way it needs to be tought. If we want to change things we have to stay long enough to get it done. So apprentices out there stick with it, one day your trade will be yours to hand down.Look for the good skills you find in people but them in your toolbag make them yours to pass on.

BRICKY

Back to top Go down

Post  ray Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:36 am

Positivity, way to go. Thank you for taking time out to say inspirational words of thought.

BRICKY wrote:As an apprentice bricklayer for years it seemed the same for me in the trades.Until one day as a journeyman i realized that the trade that i loved was more important than bs i lived with and was tought to make others in my past position live with.I had to endure and rise above the habits i had learned.Now i dont teach bad habbits i promote my trade the way it needs to be tought. If we want to change things we have to stay long enough to get it done. So apprentices out there stick with it, one day your trade will be yours to hand down.Look for the good skills you find in people but them in your toolbag make them yours to pass on.

ray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Carpenters Union/Companies We work for... Empty Union jobsite BS

Post  Nativeu Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Hey Chanzynum, union construction is real kiss ass...If you know the company owner your all set but if your hired out of the hall,LOOK OUT...The company boys will be pissed at you cause their poo-poo pal didn't get the job...
Many members will become stewards so as to be on the job from start to finish and suck up every second of overtime but everyone can't be the job steward so one must kiss the BA's butt for that job...I worked a job last year and out of 20 workers 10 were stewards on other job sites so they didn't really want to work...
If you are the A-1 worker others will try to knock you down because you make the others look bad...Then comes lay-off time and who decides who stays or goes down the road...
There is also the useless mother that will work a couple of weeks then "pinch a nerve" and take the year off and give the union a bad name...
I hear you Mr Apprentice...I am out of carpenters local #40 in Cambridge MA and we have a very good app school but when an app comes on the job he's told to do glorified labor work 90% of the time...How can one learn the trade when all you do is insulate walls or field in ceiling tiles the whole job...
Yes its cutthroat by design and its much worse when the economy is slow...We should treat each other as brothers but that can be very difficult for some of us "brothers"...
Sorry to hear that you dropped out so quickly....As bricky said you have to block out the BS and get on with the job at hand...When your work is completed you just move to the next project and most often a new round of BS...That is pretty much how life is...May I suggest that you go back and give it another try, you really have nothing to loose and so much to gain...Good luck

Nativeu

Back to top Go down

Carpenters Union/Companies We work for... Empty Apprentices/quit whining,

Post  Speedzone Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:35 am

Especially union ones, no matter where you go,,
You can work for Jack, Ronald, Zippy's, or do some
King Tippin aka(Burglar King) same crap. So buck up
Young Ones,, get to work, quit whinin, cause only You can
change it. Try and keep up w/non union, You talk about RUSH??
I ever saw a union guy rush, only when its lunch or home.
Now get off Your Asses and get this Union back to where it had Balls,!,
It seems Local 745 aint Doin nothin for its Members, sorta feels like the
the mainland,, DoggyDogg. Oh wait,, The Union Gurus get paid,, thats BS. Too.,
They,, The BA's should get off their fat asses and represent,, and not
only representing themselves.,.Unions are pissin on their members, nit just one,, All of Um,

Speedzone

Back to top Go down

Post  ray Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 pm

Yeah tell it like it is.....Us journeymen had to go threw the same duties as the apprentices, so before you start crying about the jobs you have to do, earn your right 1st.

Speedzone wrote:Especially union ones, no matter where you go,,
You can work for Jack, Ronald, Zippy's, or do some
King Tippin aka(Burglar King) same crap. So buck up
Young Ones,, get to work, quit whinin, cause only You can
change it. Try and keep up w/non union, You talk about RUSH??
I ever saw a union guy rush, only when its lunch or home.
Now get off Your Asses and get this Union back to where it had Balls,!,
It seems Local 745 aint Doin nothin for its Members, sorta feels like the
the mainland,, DoggyDogg. Oh wait,, The Union Gurus get paid,, thats BS. Too.,
They,, The BA's should get off their fat asses and represent,, and not
only representing themselves.,.Unions are pissin on their members, nit just one,, All of Um,

ray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down