HAWAII CONSTRUCTION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rapid Transit in hawaii

3 posters

Go down

Rapid Transit in hawaii Empty Rapid Transit in hawaii

Post  romero Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Hello,

I think rapid transit will be a real boon for hawaii. I think it should be built and maintain by the federal government as the interstate highway system is on the mainland. At present there are around eight states with plans to build a rapid transit system. Only two have plans to build it like France super fast bullet train. One is contemplating building an exact system as Japan fast magnilev train.

To me there is no one consistant plan. In one state you may travel (80) m.p.h. top speed by train. In another it may be (200) m.p.h. Any rapid transit system is expensive to build. But the benefits out weighs the cost. Exp., reduced cars, trucks, traffic, pollution, accidents, injuries, medical care, fuel, energy, ect. It should be built in every state. A rapid transit system built and maintain by the federal government to me is the best way to go. Including all the states not connected to the mainland. You looking at (10-20) years of non stop explosive growth and construction. The amount of directly and indirectly related growth in jobs and services would be tremendous. This would be a 24 hour a day building operation. On the mainland the rapid transit system could be built right along side the Interstate highway system. Eliminating the need to purchase a lot of rights of way. The government already own the land on the interstate highway system. That would save money. But it creates more work and jobs if they chose another route and bought rights of way.

The other thing the federal government should build is an interstate highway system in every state thats not connected to the mainland. Except it should be called the "outerstate highway" no less than four lanes. Two going and coming. That way all the politicians in every state and its citizens wins and benefits from it both directly and indirectly. Would these huge project raise americas debt? yes it will. Will taxes have to be raised? yes. But at least you know where your taxes are going and that it is being use for something that you can see and feel. Something good that every one benefit from either directly or indirectly. Im not a politician but a working tax payer. I would rather have seen those two trillion dollars we spent on iraq and afganistan spent building a rapid transit sytem and outerstate higway system in America At least we would have something to show for it. What do you all think?

Last edited by romero on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : improper spelling and spaces. My appologies)

romero

Back to top Go down

Rapid Transit in hawaii Empty Re: Rapid Transit in hawaii

Post  adam Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:15 pm

Allllllright my bradda, you got my vote!!! ALL IN???

adam

Back to top Go down

Rapid Transit in hawaii Empty rapid transit

Post  surfer63 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 am

yes I agree. There is no one single solution to alleviating traffic and providing transportation for every one. Some will use it more than others some won't use it at all. Bottom line, its the options and the end result that makes sense, And Yes it will have to be paid for, but Rapid transit will put us back to work and will help traffic, the economy, and future growth. Not only as a state, or county, but all the families in that region. It will provide employment from the laborers to skilled tradesmen and from the high school and college grads to seasoned management. It will also create work for maintaining and managing after the construction for all the local people. I have worked on rapid transit projects on the mainland during the last recession and it made the difference for my families future. This is an oppertunity to help stimulate and revive this region from this recession, and get ourselves back on our feet. All in all from personal level and a family man this will put us back to work and create long term employment and pride in ourselves to be able to be part of somethng so consequential. Also above ground rails will eliminate train and vehicle collisions as well as people walking onto the tracks or driving thru the barracades when they are in a hurry.

surfer63

Back to top Go down

Rapid Transit in hawaii Empty Rapid transit

Post  surfer63 Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:46 am

Does anyone know the status of this project? I know they are very close or may already have passed the last EIS reports.

surfer63

Back to top Go down

Rapid Transit in hawaii Empty Re: Rapid Transit in hawaii

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down